How important are hunters for Maryland’s economy?
Hunting specifically supports thousands of jobs, both rural and urban, across the state of Maryland, and our goal is to provide a unified voice for all of these stakeholders. Hunting Works For Maryland will monitor public policy decisions and weigh in on hunting-related issues that impact Maryland jobs.
$266 million spent annually.
- 88,000 people hunt in Maryland each year.
- Of those hunters, 19,000 are from out of state.
- Maryland hunters spend $50 million on trip-related expenditures.
- Hunters in Maryland spend $128 million on hunting equipment.
- Each hunter spends an average of $3,000 a year in Maryland.
- Hunter spending translates to $128 million in salaries and wages.
- Hunting in Maryland supports over 4,500 Maryland jobs.
- Hunters generate $32 million in state and local taxes.
$401 million ripple effect.